Pivot Cycles Limited Warranty
Pivot Cycles warrants to the original purchaser of Pivot Cycles bicycles, frames and Pivot Cycles Phoenix-branded components purchased from an authorized Pivot Cycles dealer to be free from defects caused by improper workmanship and/or material as follows:
(a) For new Pivot Cycles bicycles and frames purchased on or after June 1, 2017:
(i) Carbon frames purchased on or after June 1, 2017 will be covered by this warranty for ten (10) years from the date of the original purchase at retail.
(ii) Carbon frames purchased before June 1, 2017 and alloy frames purchased at any time will be covered by this warranty for three (3) years from the date of the original purchase at retail.
(iii) Paint, Finish, and bearings on both alloy and carbon frames will be covered by this warranty for one (1) year from the date of the original purchase at retail. Paint and Finish means paint, clear coat, decals, and the anodized ﬁnish.
(b) For Pivot Cycles bicycles purchased from the Pivot Cycles demo sale page and Pivot Cycles bicycles purchased from an Pivot Cycles authorized dealer’s demo fleet:
(i) Frames will be covered by this warranty for three (3) years from the date that the Pivot Cycles authorized dealer purchased the demo bike from Pivot Cycles.
(ii) Paint and Finish on both alloy and carbon frames will be covered by this warranty for one (1) year from the date that the Pivot Cycles authorized dealer purchased the demo bike from Pivot Cycles. Paint and Finish means paint, clear coat, decals, and the anodized ﬁnish.
(c) New Pivot Cycles-branded Phoenix Components as shown at http://www.pivotcycles.com/components/ is covered by this warranty for five (5) years from the date of the original purchase at retail.
For the warranty periods described above, Pivot Cycles will repair or replace the defective part, at its option, without charge for the part or the repair. Refurbished parts may be used for repairs or replacements. Parts used for replacement, whether new or refurbished, are warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period. In the event of a part replacement, Pivot Cycles cannot guarantee a color match to the original frame or component. This warranty, or any implied warranty, is limited to the repair of the defective parts or replacement of defective parts with those of equal or greater value at the sole discretion of Pivot Cycles.
This limited warranty applies to the original owner and is nontransferable. Please register using our Warranty Registration Form at the time of purchase to confirm original ownership. Pivot Cycles bicycles, frames, components, parts, or accessories purchased from third-party websites, including auction websites (eBay, Craigslist, Amazon, etc.) are not covered under this limited warranty, even with proof of purchase.
This limited warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear, claimed defects, malfunctions or failures that result from abuse, neglect, improper assembly, improper maintenance, alteration, collision, corrosion, crash or misuse. Installation of components, parts, or accessories not originally intended for use with or compatible with Pivot Cycles frames and components will void any warranty offered by Pivot Cycles.
This limited warranty does not apply to: (a) Pivot Cycles-branded goods purchased in an auction; (b) non- Pivot Cycles branded products, whether supplied by Pivot Cycles or not; and (c) goods which are not standard Pivot Cycles assemblies or configurations as defined on Pivot Cycles’ published price list, and Pivot Cycles does not warranty any of the items described in this sentence.
Pivot Cycles is not obligated to provide support for non Pivot-branded products. Pivot Cycles does not manufacture its non Pivot-branded products, and may not be able to provide repair facilities or spare parts in relation to them. A reasonable time for Pivot Cycles to repair non Pivot-branded products, if Pivot Cycles chooses to do so, may be longer than the reasonable time for the manufacturer to repair the same product.
Non Pivot-branded products may be accompanied by their manufacturer’s standard warranties. Where support is required in relation to non Pivot-branded products it may be more efficient and expedient to seek support under the manufacturer’s standard warranties, at least at first instance.
To obtain warranty service, the original owner must pay all labor and transportation charges associated with the repair or replacement of all parts under this warranty. Under no circumstance does this limited warranty include the cost of travel or shipment to and from an authorized Pivot Cycles dealer. In order to exercise your rights under these limited warranties, the bicycle or frameset must be delivered to an authorized Pivot Cycles dealer, together with proof of purchase. Pivot Cycles will require the entire frame to be returned to Pivot Cycles’ headquarters via an authorized Pivot Cycles’ Dealer to determine the warranty or defect. Please allow 15 business days from the time that the frame is shipped to Pivot Cycles’ headquarters.
Non-Warranty / Crash Replacement:
If the warranty claim on your Pivot frame or parts is determined to be invalid, Pivot Cycles may make replacement parts available at a minimum charge to the original owner at Pivot Cycles’ sole discretion. If Pivot Cycles offers Non-Warranty replacement, the defective item must be returned to Pivot and will become the property of Pivot Cycles.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
ANY EXPRESS WARRANTY NOT PROVIDED IN THIS DOCUMENT, AND ANY REMEDY FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT WHICH BUT FOR THIS PROVISION MIGHT ARISE BY IMPLICATION OR OPERATION OF LAW, IS EXCLUDED AND DISCLAIMED. THERE IS NO IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, BOTH OF WHICH ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL PIVOT CYCLES BE LIABLE TO PURCHASER OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ANY SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR ECONOMIC LOSSES, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER THEORY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- I am the original owner and I have a problem with my bike. What should I do?
- Please connect with your local Pivot Cycles’ dealer to have them evaluate your bike. Your dealer will be able to collect the information that we will need if a warranty claim needs to be started.
- Should I go through my local Pivot Cycles dealer?
- You bet! Your Pivot Cycles dealer is a great resource for all things Pivot Cycles. If you do have to file a claim for your bike, your Pivot dealer will be able to help for each step of the way.
- I am not sure where my closest Pivot Cycles dealer is? Can I go to a non-Pivot Cycles dealer?
- You need to go through an authorized Pivot Cycles dealer and if there is not a Pivot Cycles dealer nearby then you can contact Pivot Cycles directly. Please see our Dealer Locator (https://store.pivotcycles.com/EN/dealers) to find your nearest shop. If you don’t have a dealer close by, please send us an email to [email protected] or call our office at (877) 857-4868
- Do I need to take pictures of my frame?
- Pictures are great! Your local Pivot Cycles dealer knows how to process a warranty claim. Having photos of the problem area and serial number are two things that we’ll need. If you want to help your shop out with those, we are sure your dealer would appreciate it.
- Do I have to send my bike back to Pivot Cycles?
- It depends on the situation, but for a typical warranty inspection the answer is yes. Your bike shop will complete all the necessary steps to get you a return authorization (RA) number and ship your bike to our warranty department.
- I am the original owner and I crashed my Pivot Cycles bike. What should I do?
- Please bring your bike to your local Pivot dealer with your proof of purchase. Your local Pivot Cycles Dealer can also help you with a Non-Warranty/Crash Replacement.
- I am having problems with a component (wheel, tire, dropper, shifter) that came stock on my Pivot Cycles bike. Whom do I contact?
- Please contact your local Pivot Cycles dealer so they can start a claim with the manufacturer of that product. All warranty claims must go through the authorized dealer it was sold through.
- I am not in the United States. How do I start my warranty?
- Please contact the authorized Pivot Cycles distributor in your country – you can find this information on our Dealer Locator (https://store.pivotcycles.com/EN/dealers).
- I am having a problem with a Phoenix Component system (handlebar, grips, saddle, stem, post). What should I do?
- Your local Pivot Cycles dealer can start a claim with our warranty department for you!
- I am missing a small part from my bike – what should I do?
- Check out our online webstore to see if we have the part you need there – if so, you can order it direct to your home. If you don’t see the part there, you can place an order for the item that you need through your local Pivot Cycles dealer. To ensure you get the correct part, please refer to the Small Parts Schematic for your bike. You can find this document by selecting the model of your bike from our website and navigating to the Technical Specs section where you can find this document.