Last Updated: April 14, 2023
- On the Websites or the Apps;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Websites or the Apps;
- Through our social media pages that we control.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number (“Personal Information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as IP based location; and/or
- About the equipment you use to access our Services, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate the Websites or Apps. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
- From third parties, including our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in connection with our Services. This includes information provided in connection with the use of our Services, newsletter subscription, or by requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence, if you contact us.
- Your responses to forms that we might ask you to complete for contacting purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through access to our Services and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Your search queries in connection with the use of our Services.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to access our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include Personal Information. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to utilize our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Websites and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics.
We do not collect Personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to Personal Information about you that we collect from other sources, or you provide to us.
Children Under the Age of 16
The Services are not designed for or directed at children. We do not knowingly process Personal Information from or about children under 16 years of age. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us to submit a request here.
Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Transfer
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information for legitimate business purposes including:
- To present our Websites and Apps and their contents to you.
- To prevent fraud and protect the security of our Services;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or Apps or any products or services we offer or provide.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites or Apps.
- To process online store orders, bike registrations, and warranty claims.
- To improve the Websites and Apps and customer service.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please submit a request here and adjust your user preferences in your account profile.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Company about users of our Services is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by submitting a request here. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by submitting a request here.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah may have additional Personal Information rights and choices. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
If you are in the EEA or EU, you have the right to access your Personal Information that we have, as well as the right to request that we complete, correct, erase, transfer, or stop using it. You can submit your request for information here.
You can stop receiving promotional communications from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in any such communication you receive.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Websites or Apps and visiting your account profile page here.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your State Privacy Rights
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding use of their Personal Information. To learn more about California residents’ privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa. California’s Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their Personal Information.
- Access and delete certain Personal Information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
To exercise any such rights, please contact us here.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology and encrypted into our payment gateway provider’s database. After a transaction, your private information (including credit card information) will not be stored on our servers.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take measures to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted through use of the Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in the Services.