The new half-pound lighter Mach 429SL with Di2 compatibility
12.12.2014 | News
PHOENIX, Arizona – Dec 12, 2014 – Racing is a new game and the half-pound lighter Pivot Mach 429SL Carbon is the bike riders need when the course tests both engine size and handling skills.
Pivot has dropped over 226g via the use of leading-edge carbon fiber and their proprietary hollow-core, internal-molding process with optimized composite materials and lay-up structure – making this the lightest, stiffest 29er with the best power transfer available.
The Pivot Mach 429SL Carbon is only the second fully Di2 integrated mountain bike (the first is Pivot’s Mach 4 Carbon). Featuring our innovative Pivot Cable Port System, internal routing is easy to install and maintain with large, easy to access ports and interchangeable covers for the cleanest installation of wires, batteries and cables.
Riders benefit from the latest in dw-link® suspension design with a Fox Float Kashima Factory shock, performance-tuned specifically for the Mach 429SL Carbon. World Cup level efficiency is provided by dw-link®’s anti-squat characteristics, instant acceleration and unparalleled climbing traction. Downhill, the 100mm of dw-link® suspension performs like a longer travel bike, for an incredibly capable ride in technical terrain and ready for record-setting descents.
• 1/2lb (226g) weight savings: Frame weight from 5.3lbs (2.4Kg) and sub 23lb (10.4kg) complete.
• 100mm of dw-link® suspension
• Full carbon frame featuring proprietary hollow core internal molding technology
• 29 inch wheels for the fastest laps and best rollover
• Full length internal cable routing and Shimano Di2 integration via Pivot’s exclusive, easy-to-maintain Cable Port System
• Internal dropper post compatible
• Cold forged alloy linkages with Enduro Max Cartridge Bearings
• Fox Float Kashima Factory shock, performance tuned for the Mach 429SL
• Frame weights from 5.2lbs
• Highly durable rubberized leather downtube and swingarm protection
The Mach 429SL Carbon frame will retail for $2,999, $8,849 complete with XTR 2x and Reynolds carbon wheels, or $10,400 with XTR Di2 and Reynolds carbon wheels (all MSRP in USD). The Pivot Mach429SL Carbon is also available in a wide range of builds to fit additional rider budgets starting at $4599 (XT/SLX).
See www.pivotcycles.com/bike/mach-429sl-carbon/ for complete information.