Full Time Position: Salary
Location: Tempe, AZ
We are looking for a detail oriented individual with a good Industrial Design or Engineering background that has good creative product design and documentation experience within SolidWorks and the Adobe Creative Suite. This person will be an integral member of the Design/Engineering team and will contribute to the creation of nearly all Pivot products. The primary responsibilities of the position will be to work with the design team to successfully bring new projects to production as well as to maintain production of current products through a heavily reviewed creative process involving conceptualization, 3D design, and production documentation. This position is directly involved in bicycle frame design, it will require the creation and modification of 3D models and detailed assemblies, 2D drawings, BOMs, as well as assembly and QC documentation. The position will require a good understanding of bicycle assembly components and related constraints. The candidate will need to have the patience and detailed mindset needed to properly design within all requirements in a team environment.
The ideal candidate will:
- Exhibit a good talent for exceptional aesthetic 3D design that is also functional.
- Have excellent project management and project scheduling skills.
- Be able to proficiently keep track of a multitude of projects at one time.
- Have high proficiency in SolidWorks with the ability to model complex surfaces and assemblies.
- Competently work within the Adobe Creative Suite to create documents.
- Be able to competently create production drawings with tolerances within SolidWorks.
- Be available to travel for work including an occasional trip to Asia
- Have general mechanical bicycle knowledge and be a cycling enthusiast.
- Have two years minimum of bicycle/frame design experience.
- Design complete production-ready bicycle frames and assemblies in 3D.
- Design vendor-ready graphics packages for bicycle frames and components.
- Create Production and production support documentation and presentations.
- Effectively manage production timelines and vendor schedules.
- Work with Engineering, Design, Proto-typing and Manufacturing to take future Pivot Cycles products from idea to reality.
- A degree in Industrial Design or Design Engineering is preferred.
- 3+ years experience in product design.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent SolidWorks skills in parts, drawings, and assemblies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite of products – Power Point, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Organized and self-motivated individual.
- Detail oriented.
Please send resume, design portfolio, and cover letter to: [email protected] with the subject line “Designer”. We look forward to hearing from you!